Who can get Covid-19 testing at PedsNow?
PedsNow offers Covid-19 tests for adults 10am -12pm, 7 days a week. We offer testing for ages 0-20 during all business hours. And when a child or young adult up to age 20 is being tested, we can test adults from the same household at the same time.
What is the turnaround time for test results?
We coordinate with an outside lab to process samples. The lab is open Monday through Friday, and typically returns results within 48-72 hours. If your sample is collected on Saturday or Sunday, it will be sent to the lab on Monday and available 48-72 hours after that.
I’m concerned about Covid-19 symptoms in my child. What should I do?
If your child develops symptoms, or you have concerns about having been exposed to coronavirus, PedsNow is here for you. Our providers are available 7 days a week to provide pediatric Covid-19 testing and care when you need it most. Simply walk into our clinic, or check in online to save time. You can also get an initial evaluation from home using Video Visits. We have enhanced cleaning and social distancing measures so you can feel safe seeking treatment.
For any life-threatening emergency, call 911. If your child is having trouble breathing, experiencing chest pain, or dehydration, please go to the nearest Emergency Room.
What is coronavirus?
Covid-19 is a new virus strain that has only spread in people since December 2019. It belongs to the same family of virus as the common cold, SARS and MERS. However, it seems to be more contagious than these related coronaviruses. According to current evidence, COVID-19 virus primarily spreads through airborne respiratory droplets, close contact, and contaminated surfaces.
What are the symptoms of coronavirus in children?
Children, as a group, are less susceptible to covid-19. The illness in pediatric cases appears to be mild, with most cases presenting with symptoms of a common cold, such as:
- Nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
Fever, cough and shortness of breath appear to be common in the more severe cases.
What is PedsNow doing to ensure the clinic is safe to visit?
We’re committed to maintaining a safe, sanitized, and welcoming environment in which you can seek care for your child during the COVID-19 pandemic. There are extra safety measures in place to safeguard the health of our patients, staff, and community.
- Enhanced cleaning measures: all surfaces (doorknobs, exam tables, drawers, etc) are wiped down at regular intervals and after each visit. We also perform a nightly deep clean.
- Hand sanitizer available throughout the facility and we have reduced the number of surfaces you need to physically touch while in the clinic.
- All staff wear appropriate PPE and face masks. We also ask patients and parents to wear face masks while in clinic.
- We allow a limited number of people in the office at once, with reduced seating in the waiting area to ensure proper social distancing.
- At this time, we only allow the patient and one adult in the exam room per visit.